You agree that AI may use your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. For purposes of this Policy, “PII or Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual within the meaning of Section 2 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA“).
- Information Company Collects and Receives;
- How Company Uses Your Information;
- Sharing Information with Third Parties;
- Third-Party Content;
- Cookies and Other Technologies;
- Your Rights;
- Information Obtained from Other Companies;
- Data Retention;
- Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory; Information Security;
- Do Not Track;
- Notice to Californian Residents – Your California Privacy Rights;
- How to Contact Company.
Information Company Collects and Receives.
When you Use the Software & Services, we automatically collect and store the following types of information:
1 Information you provide us directly:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the App to work. This may include your name, email address, telephone number and other such information in order to provide the Service to you.
- The same above noted information may be provided to us directly by you should you contact or interact with us.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, your Influencer Content, including your photos. To add Influencer Content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- When you subscribe, in order to be paid for your Influencer Content, you must provide us with your PayPal information, or such other financial information that we may require.
We may also retain any messages you send through the App and may retain other information you voluntarily provide us with, including, but not limited to, your comments and other content on our service or blog. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the App, and as further detailed below.
2 Information we may collect and/or receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties including social networking services, including the information used to sign up to the Service. Facebook and Google may provide us with publicly available profile information. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the App. You may also unlink your third party account from the App by adjusting your settings on the third party service. We may collect information about you from third party business partners, publicly available sources and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
3 Analytics information: We may directly collect information, or we or our third party business partners may use analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service (“Analytics Information“).
4 Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page or other content within the Service. We may also receive log information relating to your device and your use of our Apps. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information (“Server Logs“). These Server Logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information contained in Server Logs is used to monitor, assess, manage, diagnose problems with, improve and otherwise administer the Service. IP addresses are collected and stored on our systems for seven (7) days.
5 Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart phones or tablets), we and/or our third party business partners (including Amazon Web Services) may access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more unique device-specific identifiers, such as a universally unique identifier (UUID) (“Unique Identifiers”). Unique Identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on and/or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A Unique Identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A Unique Identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A Unique Identifier may also be used to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service.
6 Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you electronic messages containing Service- related notices (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices). We may also send you electronic messages containing product and/or service offerings, promotions, invitations and special offers. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications or by changing your account preferences or settings.
7 Use of certain service type information we collect: We use or may use Server Logs, Unique Identifiers to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide personalized content and information; (iii) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; (vii) update our App on your mobile devices; (viii) allow you to comment on or provide content and participate in contests, special offers and/or promotions; and (ix) conduct research, beta testing or surveys.
8 Third party web search services: Some of the web search services provided herein are provided by providers of third party web search services. For information on the web search services data collection, please visit the end user privacy statements of CodeFuel at http://www.codefuel.com/legal/end_user_privacy_policy and of Verizon Media https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html, both as updated from time to time and at any successor locations
9 With Consent: We may use your information for any other purpose for which you Consent including but not limited to the combination of the information we collect from or about you, with other such information.
How Company Uses Your Information.
Use of PII
As stated above, we collect the following information from you:
- IP Address;
- Install-ID (for installations of specific software such as Browser Extensions);
- Cookie Id;
- URL Referrer;
- Search terms; and
- Support Related Information
We consider this information to be PII, meaning that without this information, we would not reasonably be able to identify you. Company processes this information on the basis that it is a data controller of the PII. This is how we use this information:
1. To provide you with the search services and functionality, including providing you with the search results of our web search partners in response to your online search queries. We delete this data once our fraud and lifetime value assessment has been completed (as discussed in the next paragraphs). For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest of an individual’s right to freedom of expression, including the freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas.
We may use third party data analysis service providers to collect data and to provide information to us on the performance of our Service. These companies may use information about your use of the Service and other websites and mobile applications to compare information about the performance of our Service. These companies may also use non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer, browser or mobile device and/or to collect and record information about your browsing activity, including your activities on or off the Service and between multiple platforms such as your computer and your mobile device. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
2. To detect and prevent fraud on its Software & Services. Company needs the combination of IP Address, Cookie ID, Install-ID, URL and Search Term to conduct fraud detection on potentially fraudulent and illegal uses of the Software & Services. We need this information for 3 months to conduct this fraud analysis. Following this 3 month period, we will delete all data except for the Cookie ID and Install-ID which we use for business performance which we discuss in the next paragraph.
For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest for preventing fraud.
In performing fraud detection and prevention, we use the services of third parties who will receive and access your PII.
3. To assess the lifetime value of a user.
In our experience, business performance in search is measured over a 12 month period, including the lifetime value of users that use our Software & Services. For that purpose, Company retains the Cookie ID and Install-ID and the number of search queries performed by each ID for a period of 12 months from the initial collection. For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest for its business operations and internal due diligence.
4. Customer Support.
We also use Support Related Information you provide to us to provide you with support and handle your complaints and feedback. This information will not be connected with any other information collected from you on or through the Software & Services, including, any individual ID generated or collected by us, unless you ask us to. For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest and performance of a contract with you.
We will retain this information for the time it takes to provide you with the support you requested and to handle your complaints. We may keep your information for longer periods in case of disputes and other legitimate reasons described in the next section “Disputes and Enforcement; Applicable law, regulations or Enforceable Governmental Request”.
5. Disputes and Enforcement; Applicable law, regulations or Enforceable Governmental Request.
We use your PII and Support Related Information to take action in case of a dispute involving you in connection with the Software & Services and to enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the Software & Services. We also use your PII to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., the disclosure of information to law enforcement or tax authorities), and to protect against suspicious or other illegal activities.
For this purpose, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third party, as may be required (e.g. to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Company’s users, its partners, or the general public). We will also share this information with our professional advisors in the scope of this purpose.
We will retain your Personal Information and Influencer Content as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected, and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter for backup, archival, fraud prevention or detection, or audit purposes, or as otherwise required by law. We may use remote backup features that will send information from your device and/or browser to be stored on servers operated by or on behalf of Company and its affiliates. Except to the extent specifically prohibited by applicable law, Company has no responsibility for any data transmitted to and from your device and/or computer and Company recommends that you make regular back-ups of all information and data on your device and/or computer.
Use of Non-PII
Company uses non-PII information it collects for the following purposes:
1. To operate and update the Software & Services, including in connection with Software & Services provided to our business partners, and to provide you with existing and new functionality and features of the Software & Services.
2. To improve, fix and customize the Software & Services;
3. To monitor, analyze and optimize your use of the Software & Services, including analyzing seasonal and annual usage trends and providing certain technical and usage information to our business partners as part of the services we provide; and
4. To maintain and improve the quality and operation of the Software & Services, including monitoring viewability of, and interaction with, advertisements, search results and other products and services provided by Company.
We retain this information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business and/or operational purposes or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize parts of your PII so that it can no longer be identifiable or attributable to any person if we decide to keep it for longer periods of time than the retention periods set forth above.
Additional Sharing of PII with Third Parties.
We may also share your information in the following events:
- In the event Company goes through a business transition such as a merger or acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred;
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as Influencer Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions), becomes available to the public, except as limited by any privacy settings made available on the Service. Subject to your privacy settings, any of the Influencer Content that you voluntarily make public may be searchable by others. If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information or content. Please note that such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted (for example, your content or information may remain visible because it was copied and posted or reposted by a third party).
Transferring Personal Information From and Outside of the European Union.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of your PII are in accordance with applicable laws and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests. To this end, if we as the data controller share your information with our corporate affiliates or third party service providers outside the EEA, we have – prior to sharing your information with such corporate affiliate or third party service provider – established the necessary means to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This may be an adequacy decision of the European Commission confirming an adequate level of data protection in the respective non-EEA country or an agreement on the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission) or EU – US Privacy Shield certification. We will provide further information on the means to ensure an adequate level of data protection on request.
Certain Software & Services may include content which may be in the form of apps, buttons, gadgets, advertisements, websites, products and services (including search services and advertisements) provided to you by third parties (collectively, “Third Party Content and Services”). The use of such Third Party Content and Services is subject to their privacy policies. In order to clarify, we do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third Party Content and Services and your access to any Third Party Content and Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the information contained and/or made available through the practices of, or your use or inability to use, such Third Party Content and Services. You expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of such Third Party Content and Services. We recommended that you read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of such Third Party Content and Services before using or accessing any of them.
Cookies and Other Technologies.
As indicated above, the Software & Services collects or allows third parties to collect, through blocks of code called “pixels” or “web beacons”, certain information about you and send it to our servers and to our partners (either directly or indirectly). We or our partners, may package all or part of this information into small text files called Cookies and send the Cookie to your computer. As an example, Cookies may store search queries made through the Software & Services, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Software & Services, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Software & Services. You can learn more about cookies on the Internet Advertising Bureau’s website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Software & Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Please refer to your device’s or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable tracking/recording tools. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different websites when a user uses the Service.
You may update your account information and electronic message preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings or by contacting us as described in “Contact Us” below.
Our App is not intended for children under 15 years of age. No one under age 15 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If you are under 15, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 15, we may delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 15, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are under the age of majority to form a binding contract under applicable law, you must read this Policy with a parent or legal guardian. We will assume by your using, visiting, accessing or downloading of the App or Service that your parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by this Policy which constitutes a binding legal agreement between such person and us.
We advise parents and guardians to regularly monitor their children’s use of email and other online communications and activities. Control tools that create a safer online environment for children are available from third party online services and software providers.
In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a minor is using the Software & Services (without parental or legal guardian consent), we will prohibit and block such a user from accessing the Software & Services and will make all efforts to promptly delete any PII with regard to such user, as applicable.
The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations) shall apply to certain individuals (some of which only apply to individuals protected by the GDPR or the CCPA):
- You have a right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access may normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law;
- You have the right to request that we rectify any personal data we hold that is inaccurate or misleading;
- You have the right to request the erasure/deletion of your personal data (e.g. from our records). Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your personal data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- You have the right to object, to or to request restriction, of the processing;
- You have the right to data portability. This means that you may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- You have the right to object to profiling;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. Also, please note that the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- You also have a right to request certain details of the basis on which your personal data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but data transfer agreements and/or other details may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time or before the relevant institutions in your place of residence. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority and/or relevant institution.
- You have the right to know what personal information is being collected about you in the twelve months preceding your request;
- You have the right to request the erasure/deletion of your personal data (e.g. from our records and the records of our service providers). Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your personal data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom in the twelve months preceding your request;
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information;
- You have the right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time or before the relevant institutions in your place of residence (e.g. the Attorney General in your State). We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority and/or relevant institution.
Exercising your Rights. You can exercise your rights by contacting us as provided under “Contact Us” below. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honouring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initially requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
We store your personal information in our offices in Canada, as well as our data centres in the United States. While your Personal Information is in the U.S., it is subject to U.S. laws, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the U.S., pursuant to applicable laws.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory.
By accessing the App, you expressly consent to the transfer of your information outside of your home country. Any questions in this regard may be directed to the Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information provided below.
How we Protect your Information.
We care about the security of your information, and take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Electronic communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer or device you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
All information is stored inside our DynamoDB instance on Amazon Web Services. This is encrypted at rest using industry-standard AES- 256 algorithms, which ensure that only authorized roles and services can access sensitive data with access to the encryption keys audited by AWS CloudTrail. User passwords are stored inside AWS Cognito and Amazon Cognito supports multi-factor authentication and encryption of data-at-rest and in-transit. Amazon Cognito is HIPAA eligible and PCI DSS, SOC, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018, and ISO 9001 compliant.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer or device you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the “DNT Feature”); the DNT Feature, when enabled on a web browser, signals the websites you visit that you do not want certain information about your visit collected. Company does not currently respond or recognize DNT Feature signals.
If you have any complaints on our processing of your PII or if you believe that we have breached our own privacy policies or applicable law, we encourage you to contact us.
For user account related inquiries, please contact our customer support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries relating to this Policy, please direct your inquiry to the Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or postal mail at:
Added Influence Inc.
120 Western Parkway, Suite 406
Bedford, NS B4B 0V2