A. GENERAL PRINCIPLES
- By using an App and providing us with your Personal Information (defined below), you agree that AI may use your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual within the meaning of Section 2 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA“) and is defined as follows, and in further detail in Section 7, below: Personal Information is any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual. Your Personal Information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, phone numbers, gender, email address, identification numbers, etc. Personal Information, however, does not include any information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, or work electronic address.
- We are aware of your legitimate concerns about privacy and are fully committed to maintaining the integrity, confidentiality, security, and accuracy of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and best industry practices.
- Privacy concerns and legal and business requirements evolve continually and as a result, AI may change this Policy at any time without advance notice. We invite you to review this Policy and AI’s Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions“) regularly as the App is governed by the Terms and Conditions, which you should also review.
- Terms not defined in this Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions, which can be found by clicking here.
B. CONSENT & INFORMATION STORAGE
- Your consent to the collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and other information received by us can be express or implied (“Consent”). It can be expressed in writing or implied when you access the Service and provide your Consent to us, or if you provide it to a third party, such as social media sites or Google, and give the third party permission to send that information to us. Your Consent is given in accordance with this Policy, the Terms and Conditions, and as permitted or required by applicable law. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy or the Terms and Conditions, you should immediately stop using or accessing the Service.
- Our App is not intended for children under 15 years of age. No one under age 15 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If you are under 15, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 15, we may delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 15, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are under the age of majority to form a binding contract under applicable law, you must read this Policy with a parent or legal guardian. We will assume by your using, visiting, accessing or downloading of the App or Service that your parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by this Policy which constitutes a binding legal agreement between such person and us.
- We store your personal information in our offices in Canada, as well as our data centres in the United States. While your Personal Information is in the U.S., it is subject to U.S. laws, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the U.S., pursuant to applicable laws.
- Our service providers may, from time to time, also hold your Personal Information in connection with purposes for which you provided your Consent. We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you.
- By accessing the App, you expressly Consent to the transfer of your information outside of your home country. Any questions in this regard may be directed to the Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information provided below.
- You can withdraw your Consent at any time, provided AI is given reasonable notice and there are no legal or contractual requirements preventing this.
C. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
When you interact with the Company through an App, we collect certain types of Personal Information to enable the App’s features to function.
- Information you provide us directly:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the App to work. This may include your name, email address, telephone number and other such information in order to provide the Service to you, or if you contact or interact with us.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, your Influencer Content, including your photos. To add Influencer Content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- When you subscribe, in order to be paid for your Influencer Content, you must provide us with your PayPal information, or such other financial information that we may require.
(collectively, “Personal Information”)
We may also retain any messages you send through the App and may retain other information you voluntarily provide us with, including but not limited to your comments and other content on our service or blog. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the App, and as further detailed below.
- Information we may collect and/or receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties including social networking services, including the information used to sign up to the Service. Facebook and Google may provide us with publicly available profile information. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the App. You may also unlink your third party account from the App by adjusting your settings on the third party service. We may collect information about you from third party business partners, publicly available sources and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Analytics information: We may directly collect information, or we or our third party business partners may use analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service (“Analytics Information“).
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page or other content within the Service. We may also receive log information relating to your device and your use of our Apps. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information (“Server Logs“). These Server Logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. The information contained in Server Logs is used to monitor, assess, manage, diagnose problems with, improve and otherwise administer the Service. IP addresses are collected and stored on our systems for seven (7) days.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart phones or tablets), we and/or our third party business partners (including Amazon Web Services) may access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more unique device-specific identifiers, such as a universally unique identifier (UUID) (“Unique Identifiers”). Unique Identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on and/or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A Unique Identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A Unique Identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A Unique Identifier may also be used to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you electronic messages containing Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices). We may also send you electronic messages containing product and/or service offerings, promotions, invitations and special offers. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by changing your account preferences or settings.
- Use of certain service type information we collect: We use or may use Server Logs, Unique Identifiers to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide personalized content and information; (iii) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; (vii) update our App on your mobile devices; (viii) allow you to comment on or provide content and participate in contests, special offers and/or promotions; and (ix) conduct research, beta testing or surveys.
- With Consent: We may use your information for any other purpose for which you Consent including but not limited to the combination of the information we collect from or about you, with other such information.
D. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information may be disclosed to third parties in accordance with this Policy.
- Who we may share your information with: We may share your information with third party business partners that function on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, companies that assist us with analyzing data and providing marketing assistance. We may share information about you that they need to perform their functions. We will use contractual or other means to protect personal information disclosed to such third parties. We may also share your information with any subsidiary or affiliate of ours for purposes consistent with this Policy. Any subsidiary or affiliate of ours will be required to maintain that information in accordance with this Policy.
- Who you may choose to share Influencer Content with; removal of content: Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as Influencer Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions), becomes available to the public, except as limited by any privacy settings made available on the Service. Subject to your privacy settings, any of Influencer Content that you voluntarily make public may be searchable by others. If you remove information or content that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information or content. Please note that such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted (for example, your content or information may remain visible because it was copied and posted or reposted by a third party).
- What happens in the event of a business change: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith, and in accordance with this Policy.
- Instances where we are required to share your information: Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to: (i) enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions or any applicable end user license agreement; (ii) comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties; (iii) protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others; (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; and/or (vi) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms and Conditions, our policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: With your Consent, we may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as Server Logs, Unique Identifiers (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics (such as your name and email address) and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
We do not sell, rent, or share Personal Information we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with third party advertisers for their own marketing purposes, unless you choose in advance to have such information shared for this purpose.
- Data Analysis: We may use third party data analysis service providers to collect data and to provide information to us on the performance of our Service. These companies may use information about your use of the Service and other websites and mobile applications to compare information about the performance of our Service. These companies may also use non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer, browser or mobile device and/or to collect and record information about your browsing activity, including your activities on or off the Service and between multiple platforms such as your computer and your mobile device. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
E. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We care about the security of your information, and take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Electronic communications sent to or from the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. All information is stored inside our DynamoDB instance on Amazon Web Services. This is encrypted at rest using industry-standard AES-256 algorithms, which ensure that only authorized roles and services can access sensitive data with access to the encryption keys audited by AWS CloudTrail. User passwords are stored inside AWS Cognito and Amazon Cognito supports multi-factor authentication and encryption of data-at-rest and in-transit. Amazon Cognito is HIPAA eligible and PCI DSS, SOC, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018, and ISO 9001 compliant.
F. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and electronic message preferences at any time by logging in to your account and changing your profile settings or by contacting us as described in “How to Contact Us” below. You can also stop receiving electronic messages (other than Service-related notices) from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
- Access, questions, changes or concerns: If you have any questions or concerns, or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your Personal Information on file, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer as described in “How to Contact Us” below. Except as set out in applicable privacy laws, we can tell you whether we hold Personal Information about you. We will allow you access to your Personal Information. We will use reasonable efforts to tell you the source of the information and give an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to whom it has been disclosed.
You can, at any time, contact us to review, correct, update or otherwise modify the Personal Information we have for you. In each such case, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your Personal Information removed from our database.
If you successfully demonstrate that the Personal Information we have for you is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend our records of your Personal Information as required.
Note that despite any request for a change to or removal of your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
We may make commercially reasonable efforts to transmit any amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information, where necessary in the circumstances.
If you are not satisfied with the response from the Privacy Compliance Officer after making a request, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy laws.
- Managing the collection of your information for Analytics: Please refer to your device’s or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable tracking/recording tools. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different websites when a user uses the Service.
G. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CONTENT
- We will retain your information and Influencer Content as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected, and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter for backup, archival, fraud prevention or detection, or audit purposes, or as otherwise required by law. We may use remote backup features that will send information from your device and/or browser to be stored on servers operated by or on behalf of AI and its affiliates. Except to the extent specifically prohibited by applicable law, AI has no responsibility for any data transmitted to and from your device and/or computer and AI recommends that you make regular back-ups of all information and data on your device and/or computer.
H. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- This Policy does not apply to information we collect by other means (including offline) or from other sources other than through the Service. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Service, including the information or content contained therein. Please remember that when you use a link to go from the Service to another website or service, our Policy does not apply to third party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third party website or service are subject to that third party’s rules and policies. If you choose to access or make use of a third party social networking service, we may receive information about you that you have made available to the third party social networking service. Also, the third party social networking service may receive information about you from the Service. While your decision to access or use a third party social networking service is voluntary, you should make sure you are comfortable with the privacy settings of the Service and the third party social networking service. You must also comply with any terms and conditions of our third party partners including PayPal Canada Co. and Stripe Payments Canada Ltd., who may update or modify their policies at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
- We may update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice. Please review this Policy periodically, and especially before you provide any information. This Policy was made effective on the date indicated above. The most current version of this Policy will govern AI’s processing of your information and data and will always be at https://addedinfluence.com/privacy-policy/.
F. HOW TO CONTACT US
For user account related inquiries, please contact our customer support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries relating to this Policy, please contact the Privacy Compliance Officer by email at email@example.com or postal mail at:
Added Influence Inc.
120 Western Parkway, Suite 406
Bedford, NS B4B 0V2